Friday, March 31, 2006

IN THE NOW############



These are my two babies. Just love them to death and wanted to share with those of you who visit my site.

I Do not have any new quilting pictures yet, so I thought I would share some thoughts about being mindful.
I am taking some Yoga classes, and at the end of each hour the instructor reads some thoughts for us to take with us during the day.

Last week he spoke on being in the now, and one of the things he mentioned is that the past is set in stone. It can not be changed, only learned from. The future is only in our imagination. I had never heard it put that way, and I know as a quilter and a creative person, I spend a good deal of time imagining! Necessary if you are going to create quilts, or paintings, or whatever. However, I find that I have a hard time just being in the NOW. So this is my new resolution!

When you finish an hour of Yoga, and experience the relaxation period, it provides you with a quiet mind. When in that state you think clearer, feel clearer, touch and taste clearer, and at times it makes me feel as if I could do ANYTHING. Wouldn't it be wonderful to be in that state all the time? So, if you have never experienced this, I highly recommend you give it a try.

Have a great day!!!

1 comment:

Elle said...

I love the looks on their faces. I don't know if they're too thrilled about their picture being taken, LOL.