Sunday, July 15, 2007

Paris, France



I just got back from a trip to Paris France. What a treat, and although I have been there perhaps 6-7 times I never tire of spending time there. This time I tried to go to places I had not seen before. For instance, I went to the Museum of Decorative Arts. One section was housed in the Louvre, and featured costumes from famous designers of the 60ies. I will try and download a couple of the items.




Then I went to another museum and they featured designers of the 50ies and it was a challange. So, each person did a dress or coat using unusual fabrics. I spent one day at the Flea market. For a fiber person it was a feast, only everything was so expensive, because the $ was about l.47. Needless to say I didn't buy very much, but enjoyed looking at all the old jewelry, buttons and many laces and ribbons.




Of course the food was out of this world, but in that vein, lunch, with just a salad and a glass of wine could cost anywhere from $25 to $30.




Since my return I have been very busy working on a couple of new ideas as well as finishing up several quilts that I had in the works before my trip. I am so enjoying this new technique and plan to teach it at the local quilt shop as well as at Get Away next year.


The picture above is a little dessert. Inside it is rasberry moose with pistachios. The French do such beautiful deserts and the way they display their vegatables is really unique.

No comments: