Tuesday, April 19, 2011

IQA Quilt show in Cincinnati, Ohio

Blogger is finally up and running once again. I tried to post these pictures three times last week before I realized what the problem was.

So--- Our local guild hired a bus and 45 of us took the hour drive to Cincinnati from Lexington, Ky. Uneventful trip and in fact we got there a little before the show actually opened.
I have been to Houston a number of times, but never to
Chicago, where this show has been featured for the last few years. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it was much larger than I had imagined, and very well put together. They also had started something new, which was an exhibition of juried photographs. I really enjoyed that part of the show.

So, when I go to see a show I usually take a quick trip thru the quilts, then hit the vendors, and then go back and take pictures of the quilts that for some reason struck my fancy.

The first one caught my eye because besides being painted it also had large areas, such as the sleeve and the turbin that were simply layed on and attached somehow.

The second quilt, which is a lovely landscape, but the the thing that intrigued me was the number of small pieces the maker had used.

I will be posting more pictures, but for now I don't have the time. SOON, I PROMISE.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: