Saturday, August 25, 2012

Art Quilt group challenge

 Several years ago I started an Art Quilt group.  We meet once a month at our local quilt store and share whatever we are working on. 

Recently I was cleaning out my studio and came across a bag of scraps left over from when I would square up my quilts. 
 Since these scraps were already sandwiched and quilted I thought I would through out a challenge for the members to come up with an idea for something small made from the scraps. 
One of the ladies made a belt, another a small purse.  ( I will get pictures and post later)
This is the idea I came up with and  I had so much fun doing them I actually made 4 pieces.  (I'll post the others a little later)

So, I took the fabric and drew a shape, and then outlined the shape with Copper Sulky sliver thread.  Once I did that I cut out the shape and then went over the edges again.  After doing that I simply played with stenciling, stamping, painting and finally glued some rhinstones.  I was very pleased with the way they came out and also pleased I had found a way to recycle. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: