Saturday, June 27, 2009

ARCH OF THE AGES

This is a quilt I made a couple of years ago, when I was just beginning to explore the idea of Stained Glass Applique. It is named Arch of The Ages. I'm submitting it to a show that will hang in the Museum in Paducah Kentucky. Not sure when. Anyway, I thought you might enjoy seeing an earlier work.

I also just got back from teaching a Stained Glass Applique workshop for KHQS which is our state organization that meets in June each year. I didn't take any pictures, but there were 10 students and they were all so enthusiac and energetic it was a pleasure working with them. I also sold my patterns for the first time, at first to the students, but after I showed my Flights of Fancy at show and tell I got requests from the rest of the crowd, and sold all I had plus took some orders. Especially the butterflies seemed to catch everybodies imagination. I was so pleased and surprised.

I guess it is just my time, because I also won a scholarship to attend a workshop with Jane Sassaman in September. I was really keeping my fingers crossed and could not believe my luck when I won. I have admired her work for many years and feel sure that I will get a lot out of her workshop.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: