Sunday, July 25, 2010

Creativity?

I finished my last two projects and they are hanging in a show for a month.

What now? I'm not sure, sooooooooooooo, I'm thinking it would be interesting to share each others techniques for getting the creative juices going. Please comment and perhaps we can help each other.

What do I do? I dig thru my binders of ideas, I look thru my photographs, I get on the computer and look at other peoples work, I think about options until my brain is so full of images that I dream about them. So, confusing------------ to many ideas. How am I going to decide which images I am actually going to use?

So, I get busy with something that I have already drawn a pattern for, and just dig in and start. I can alway keep the other images in my mind, while I am working on whatever I am working on.
I know that eventually, if I trust in the process it will become clear which direction I want for myself.

For me, it is a frustrating process and sometimes painful. But for those of us that are creative it is a necessary thing in order to activate the creative process. At least we don't have to go to the extreme of cutting off one of our ears.

I look forward to hearing from those of you out there in blogger space.

No comments: