Monday, June 14, 2010

Butterfly Wings

Here is my new piece that I talked about earlier. I'm really pleased with the end results. I named it Butterfly Wings. I guess you all know that I love butterflies, since I have made so many quilts and also offer a number of butterfly patterns.

If you want to take a look at my patterns simply click on Serindipity 2 on the left side of this blog.

This is an adaption from a book called Quilted Symphany by Gloria Loughman. I took some of her ideas but inlarged everything and used the Stained Glass Applique technique that I always work in.

I really enjoyed trying some of her techniques, but I must say that they are very time consuming. Luckily a lot of the individual pieces I was able to do the maching stitching on before it was put together and that made things easier. All in all it was worth the time and I learned a lot from her. I highly recommend purchasing the book.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: