Friday, June 04, 2010

FINALLY FINISHED

Here is a new piece. Back in October I attended a workshop with Jane Sassaman, and this is the piece I designed. She has you take three shapes of your choice and make a design from there. I found it hard at first because I am used to making my own designs on paper first and then transfering them into a size that I want. This way you don't see your design until after you start cutting into fabric. A little nerve wracking at first!

I'm not sure I would have finished it, but I was the receipent of a scholarship thru the State organization KHQS, and along with that scholarship I wrote an article and have to give a presentation at the upcoming Get-Away this month.

In retrospect it was a very learning experience. Some of what I will use in future projects, and I really enjoyed getting to know Jane. She is a very warm and giving person.

I'm finally back in the swing once again, and will have some more new things to share in the next few weeks.

By the way, Please check out my new site which shows pictures of quilts that I have patterns for sale, plus it described the procedure to sign up for the Stained Glass Applique internet class. It is called Serindipity 2 on the side bar.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: