Sunday, June 27, 2010

FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the last in a series of horse quilts. (At least for the time being)

The name of the quilt is called FRIENDS.
Those of you who follow my work know that up to this date my quilts are very realistic.

I wanted to try something that was a little more stylized and this is the result.

It is made using the Stained Glass Applique technique but in this instance I did a whole lot of decorative quilting on each section.
It is going to be in a show called Quilts with a Kick that is held each year in Berea, Ky. which is a wonderful college town about 35minutes outside Lexington. Berea college is a free college, where students have to work to earn their tuition. There are also quite a few well known artists that live and work in the city.

I don't have a small pattern for this quilt, but I hope to do so in the future. In the mean time please click over to Serindipity 2 and take a look at the patterns I do have, and perhaps if you like the technique the Internet classes are always open.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Marika said...

Very wonderful Quilt work !!!
Very nice!!

Gin said...

Nice, Sheril! Look forward to seeing your piece in QWAK.