Thursday, October 27, 2005

Quilt Exhibition>>>>>>>>>>

I finally went to Walmart to get some prints made of my digital camera and will post some of them this morning.

On Wednesday, my friend Cindy and I went to Frankfort to view the Many Cultures quilt exhibition. It was a cold drizzily day, but we had a good time anyway. The show is held every year at the Kentucky State University. Probably not more than 35-40 quilts featuring quilts from the Chicago Needles and threads guild, and the Renegade Quilters of Main. There were also some local people in the show. The main attractions for me were the Diane Hire quilts. She uses such lovely colors and her style is so haphazard one can not pass by one of her quilts without stopping to examine it more closely. In any event we had a nice outing and of course stopped at Jo Anns on the way home to see if they had anything we haven't seen before. It is a bigger store than the one we frequent in Lexington.

Our local guild is going to present a show at the local library next month featuring a Garden Theme, and I am in charge of hanging it next Tuesday. I will be showing my "Sisters" quilt that can be seen on an earlier blog. Also several other small quilts.

Ok, I am going to try and transfer some of the pictures onto this blog. I can never remember exactally how I do it, so when it works I am always surprised.

No comments: