Thursday, October 13, 2005

Weekend Trip!!!!

Well, the weekend was eventful, to say the least!!!

We got in a traffic jam on the way to Louisville, Ky. and were 20 minutes late for the Libby Lehman class. I knew they were going to be working on Bernina sewing machines, and felt alright because one of my friends would be sitting next to me and she sews on a Bernina. However, I didn't realize how slow it was going to make me, because I didn't know where ANYTHING was at. I even had to figure out how to turn the darn thing on and off!!!! Anyway, it went well even though I was not able to complete any of the samples, I learned a lot. Also, it was great to meet Libby. I also was curious to ask if she had judged the Houston show. She said yes, and I told her I had a quilt in the show and thanked her for that.

From there we drove about 20min to Bardstown, and just a few miles from there we went to the Catherine Spalding conference and retreat center. There were 14 of us, some of which were art quilters and some were not. We spent Friday night, Sat and part of Sunday working on our own projects. The center is run by Catholic nuns, and I must say it is so clean and the food was very good. The only thing is that they were very strict about the time for meals. 8:00 am for breakfast, 12:15 for lunch and 5:00 for dinner. If you arrive at 8:30 am you are out of luck. Everything is gone. Of course they always have coffee and cookies, so you would not starve!!!
We really did have a good time and I got a lot done. The grounds are beautiful even this time of year, and we walked all around and saw the museum and the church and the graveyard. I forgot to take my camera, but a friend promised to e-mail me her pictures, so perhaps I will be able to post some pictures later.

So, now I have to get serious and finish my sample for Get-away this next June (06). Too much going on and it is hard sometimes to find the time to Create~!!!!!!!

I must say I am really pleased to now be one the web ring. I don't know what I did right, but I finally got on, and I would like to thank those of you who sent me e-mails that were very supportive.

No comments: