Friday, September 02, 2005

Art Quilt Group meeting

Every first Thursday of the month the Art Quilt group meets in the same place that the Guild meets. Last night there were only 6 of us. I think it was because it fell on the first day of Sept., and that caught some people unaware. Anyway, everybody brought whatever projects they were working on and others just brought ideas that they were thinking of. These ladies have come a long way, as they come from very conventional backgrounds. Next month when we meet we are going to plan projects that we want to work towards for the next 6 months. When I was in Nashville I bought the new book Paintstiks on Fabric by Shelly Stokes. I had actually purchased the paintsticks in Paducah in
April, and had actually demonstrated the various used of them at Get-away in June. At that time I had only used them on dark fabrics, and the book gives you a lot of other options.

The other thing I purchased in Nashville were some glitter pens that the sellers said were made to be used on fabric. They came from the Texas Quiltery, and when I tested them they are not permenent in any way. When you heat set them the glitter flakes completely off.

In the mean time I am very preoccupied with what is going on in New Orleans and the other areas that have been hit by the hurricaine. I don't think anyone can not be affected! I am just wondering what would have happened if this had been another terrorist attact. Would the response from the Federal Government for help still be as slow!!!

No comments: